Data controller, controller and purpose.
“Kreditu draudimo brokeris” Latvijas filiāle, legal entity code 40103605961, registered office address Rīga, Bieķensalas iela 21, LV-1004 (Insurance Broker) collects and processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- a) To assess your insurance needs and provide you with a relevant insurance offer;
- b) To mediate you in concluding an insurance contract with an insurance company;
- For the purpose of administration of the insurance contract;
- To safeguard its legitimate interests and to develop its services.
We only process your personal data on a legitimate basis. If necessary, we may also process your personal data on other legal grounds, when required by law, after informing you properly.
Depending on the purpose of your personal data processing, the Insurance Broker acts as your data controller or as your personal data controller processor:
- The insurance broker acts as the controller of your personal data when:
1.1. Assess your insurance needs. We process your personal data so that we can assess your insurance needs (e.g. what type of insurance is relevant to you, what risk group you belong to, etc.) and provide you with the most relevant offer that best suits your needs.
1.2. Administer the concluded insurance contract. Your personal data is processed in order to administer an already concluded insurance contract, i.y. track the expiration date of your insurance policy in the policy accounting program, payment of premiums, process your claims for offsetting premiums when you seek to terminate the insurance contract, etc. actions related to the administration of the insurance contract in recovering debts from your customers.
1.3. Offers its services. Your personal data is processed in order to provide you with relevant information about our services, as well as to ask your opinion about them.
1.4. Protects your rights and interests. If necessary, we process your personal data in the exercise and defense of your rights, such as by providing your data to a court, a lawyer representing us, or another person.
In this case, when the Insurance Broker is the controller of your personal data, the Insurance Broker acts independently, without receiving instructions from the Insurer regarding the processing of your personal data.
- The insurance broker acts as a processor of your personal data when:
2.1. Provides an insurance contract offer that best suits your needs. We process your personal data so that we can make an offer that best meets your needs after assessing your insurance needs.
2.2. Mediation in concluding an insurance contract. We process your personal data in order to mediate in concluding an insurance contract with an insurance company. The insurance broker processes your personal data on behalf of the insurers and only for insurance purposes, to submit insurance offers and/or to conclude an insurance contract. Your personal data is collected, processed and transmitted to insurers only to the extent and only to the extent necessary for the performance of the functions of the Insurance Broker, i. y. provide the insurance product that best suits your needs and mediate in the conclusion of the contract.
In this case, i.e. when the Insurance Broker is the processor of your personal data, the Insurance Broker acts on behalf of and under the control of the insurers (your personal data controllers).
Personal data and the basis for processing are processed. As a data controller, the insurance broker will process the following personal data of you in order to assess your insurance needs, administer the insurance contract, offer you services, ensure your rights and legitimate interests and develop/improve the quality of services (see point ‘’1’’ for details) data):
- Your identification, contact and activity data (name, surname, company code, position of the company's representative, company address, telephone number, e-mail address, company's current bank account, company's bank name, website address, nature and category of the company's activity, status of the client, data of the final beneficiary of the company).
- Data of the insurance policy (type of insurance, series and number of the insurance policy, effective date, expiry date of the insurance policy, validity period of the client's authorization) end, sum insured, amount of premium, date of payment of premiums, received premiums amount of premiums, premium payment document number, insurance period, insurer's name, insured turnover, beneficiary's data)
- Insurance premium payment and account data (payer's name, premium purpose, payment term, premium amount, payment date, payment order number, whether the premium is paid directly to the insurer, the policyholder's debt or the payment of the premium is deferred);
- Reports prepared by us for insurers (Data Controllers) (policy number, date, type of insurance, policyholder's name, company code, paid/unpaid premiums , the manner in which the contributions were paid (in cash, by bank transfer, by card)).
As a data controller, the insurance broker will process the following personal data of you and the persons related to you (e.g. beneficiaries) in order to submit the insurance offer that best meets your needs and to mediate the conclusion of the insurance contract:
- Identification of you and your representative data (name, surname, company code, position of the company's representative);
- Contact details of you and your representative (company address, telephone number, e-mail address);
- Identification of the insured and beneficiaries and contact details (name of the insured, company code, company address, telephone number, e-mail address, bank account number (to which the insurance benefit must be paid), name of the document, financial statements of the insured);
- Insurance policy data (risk factors, insured risks, insurance period, place of insurance, sum insured, amount of insurance deduction, amount of insurance premium, insurance certificate number, type of insurance risk / group, territory of insurance validity, date of issue of insurance policy, insured events, whether the contract is concluded through an insurance broker, insurance options, additional conditions of insurance coverage, number of payments made, number of insured buyers, or termination of insurance contract offset);
- Information about your debt obligations (data on the validity of the policy (valid/invalid/suspended protection / terminated, amount of debt).
Source of personal data.
The insurance broker, acting both as a data controller and as a data processor, receives your personal data directly from you (when you provide the data at our request or voluntarily), to third parties (e.g. insurance companies, etc.).
Recipients of personal data.
The insurance broker transfers your personal data to insurance companies (insurers) for the purpose of submitting an offer, concluding an insurance contract and executing/ administering it (acting both as a data controller and as a data processor). Your personal data, to the minimum extent necessary for the specific case, may be transferred to a third party providing services to the Insurance Broker, including legal, financial, tax, business management, personnel administration, accounting advisers and competent state authorities in accordance with the law (e.g.: Latvian bank).
Term of storage of personal data.
The insurance broker, acting as a data controller, keeps the insurance documents (e.g. offers for the conclusion of the insurance contract, insurance policies during the entire term of the contract and for 1 year after the end of the contract). The insurance broker, acting as data controller, keeps the insurance contract for the entire duration of the contract and for 10 years after the end of the contract. , do not protect personal data, as they are stored by insurers (data controllers), who set data retention deadlines.
Conditions for the processing of personal data.
Your personal data may be collected, stored, processed, including provided, both in digital form and on tangible or paper media by any means, including e-mail. e-mail and Internet connection, which, depending on the nature of the data processed, ensure secure processing and prevent unauthorized access to your personal data. The insurance broker, acting as a data processor, will process your personal data in accordance with the instructions of the data controllers (insurers).
In cases where the Insurance Broker processes your personal data as a data controller, you have the right to know about the processing of personal data. To request access to your personal data and to receive a copy of the personal data processed, to correct inaccurate personal data, to delete or restrict the processing of personal data, to transfer personal data, to withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data if previously given, to refuse to process your personal data you can contact the Insurance Broker by e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org You can file a complaint with the State Data Protection Inspectorate about the illegal processing of your personal data. You must provide all personal data to the Insurance Broker, as without this data it will not be possible to conclude an insurance contract. If you object to the Insurance Broker processing your personal data for the specified purpose and procedure, do not fill in or sign the questionnaires and questionnaires provided by the Insurance Broker. You will be able to object to the processing of Personal Data later by informing the Insurance Broker by e-mail address email@example.com. If you do not sign the questionnaire or object to the processing of personal data, the Insurance Broker will not provide mediation services.
In cases where the Insurance Broker acts as a data processor, you have the right to apply to the Insurance Broker for the exercise of the above rights (rights to access your data, obtain a copy of processed data, correct inaccurate data and delete and restrict data processing, transfer, etc.) email address firstname.lastname@example.org. The insurance broker will pass on your requests to your data controller (the insurer with whom you have a contract and for whom you are applying to exercise your rights as a data subject) to enable you to exercise your rights above. The insurance broker will make every effort to cooperate with the data controller in order to protect your rights. You can contact the State Data Protection Inspectorate regarding the illegal processing of your personal data.